Sunday, November 28, 2010

All about hair

Today was Caitlyn's rehearsal for her ballet show that is on the 11th of December. She'll be a ladybug. I panicked a bit because we are meant to put their hair into a bun and I'm absolutely useless with doing hair. I'm so useless that I prefer to keep mine short so I can just gel it into something that resembles an okay hairstyle. So armed with some tips from two friends, a you tube video (or 2), a bun net, some hair pins, hair gel and hair spray I set out this morning to get Caitlyn ready for her rehearsal.

And this is the result:

Isn't she just so pretty!

Bianca asked if I could do her hair as well and whilst her hair is not as long as Caitlyn's it was long enough to make a bun:


We've sure come a long way with Bianca's hair since she was on treatment:

And even when she finished treatment her hair was still very short and very thin:


And the one song that springs to mind is this one. Who knew that a simple thing like hair could mean so much, but for us it is a symbol of just how far we've come. We have so much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

RosemaryO said...

Wow you did a great job with those buns! The girls look beautiful with them. Caitlyn is going to be a ladybug, How cute You will have to take lots of pictures of her.
Rosemary

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Indeed! I remember a post you did a few years ago about how Bianca was worried she'd look like a boy with her short hair, I so identified with that as I was obsessed with it as a child. Hooray for hair!!!!