Monday, February 28, 2011

Hope

Last week I had to go to the SPCA (a different day to the my volunteer day) because Looey had a knotted bit of fur underneath her one leg and it was knotted right against the skin.  We didn't want to cut it because we were worried we would hurt her, so I asked Tracey if she could help by shaving that little bit.  So off Caitlyn and I went with Looey.

When we got there I asked Tracey about the kitten I was helping a few days earlier.  And Tracey told me that they named her Hope.  And that Hope was doing really well.  She was getting antibiotics for the sniffles, she was alert and eating well (and gaining 20g of weight a day) and best of all she was well enough to go to a foster's house until she was ready to be desexed and put up for adoption.  And more good news - the person who found her (she was apparently dumped on the side of one road) wanted to adopt her once she was ready for adoption.  That really made me so incredibly happy that this kitten is doing so well.  She still has a bit of a way to go to get her body weight to where it should be, but she is just doing so incredibly well.   It was so good to see her while we were there.

Isn't she just the cutest little kitten?

2 comments:

The Blessed Barrenness said...

She is very cute!

Anonymous said...

Yay. I love happy stories!
Bridget