Sunday, February 6, 2011

New year

Wow, I can't believe it has been such a long time since I blogged.  Where did the time go?  Oh wait - that's right, things here have been busy, busy, busy - I'm busy planning Caitlyn's birthday party, I had to play Terence's birthday party, Bianca started school again for the year and I've been job hunting)... But anyway...

On Tuesday Bianca started again with school.  Our schools close late in December and only start again at the start of February.  This year Bianca is in Year 3.  She was so excited and could hardly wait to start.  She likes her new teacher and I think Mr Forster will be a great teacher for her.  Bianca being gifted in some areas needs some challenges and when I had an informal chat with him now in the week, I feel confident he is the perfect teacher for her.  He seems very committed to making sure that this year will be fun for the kids, but will also offer lots of challenges for them.  Bianca is also starting her One Day School again from this coming Wednesday where she'll attend this gifted class once a week at another school.

The last 2 and a half years the kids were placed in groups around a round table, but this year Bianca is excited that she will have her very own desk.  And what's more, that it has a lid she can lift up and put all her stationery and books inside her desk.  The kids are still sitting close to each other, but they will have their own space really.

So here is to another school year.  Bianca, we know you will do just great and will make us soooo proud!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool desk Bianca. I hope you have a great year and you make lots of friends. Cause friends can make a differnece in your life. Maa xox