Monday, August 15, 2011

Brrr!

Today I was standing on the deck and right at the bottom of the paddock behind the paddock behind us I could see something that looked like it could possibly be a brand new little lamb.  So I took a photo and when I cropped it and enlarged it saw this:


A sign that spring must be right around the corner.  After all August is halfway finished and in 15 days it will be officially spring!!!

But then, looking out the window this morning we saw this:


A sure sign that winter is still very much with us.  Sure the snow is cold, but it was so beautiful!















Snowflakes against the dark sky

Our deck tonight


Even Prince Charming thought it was cold

6 comments:

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Gorgeous gorgeous pics!

blackhuff said...

Don't worry - winter is also so very much with us - we're having ice rain with snow in some parts of SA.
Cute little lamb

Buttons Thoughts said...

Looks like someone really likes the snow. It is so funny that you have snow and we have hot hot. I will never get used to that. :) B

MomAgain@40 said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
We also had a bit of "snow" here in South Africa on Monday!
Love your photos!

cat said...

Beautiful snow. Look at that kitty - cute.

Cenandra said...

Thanks for stopping by my website today and leaving your special story!

Beautiful pictures!