Thursday, September 29, 2011

A princess in each of us...

My girls, being typical girls, are very much into all things Fairy Tale and princesses and handsome princes and so on.  When Prince William got married Bianca insisted on waiting up to see them kiss.  And she even named her cat Prince Charming (and mostly he is rather charming, except when he catches birds and butterflies and brings mice into the house).

Caitlyn is perhaps a bit more into the whole Fairy Tale thing at the moment than Bianca (who is more interested in Harry Potter, Justin Bieber, Myley Cyrus and her scooter and roller blades) and as far as Caitlyn is concerned we are all princesses.

Caitlyn's most favourite Fairy Tale of all time is the story of Sleeping Beauty and so as far as she's concerned she is Sleeping Beauty:


Bianca is Cinderella:


And Caitlyn has decided that I must be Snow White:

And Terence?  Well naturally he can't be excluded.  Caitlyn decided that he is Belle:

Can you see the resemblance?

10 comments:

Sarahkie said...

:)Glad you got my 'cryptic' clue! I thought it was brilliant when she told me! Personally, I think Terrence has the best one...Belle's always been my favourite :)did you know she said I could be Ariel :)

Chnage my name slightly today (that's one of my nicknames, from my south African friends :) )

Sarahkie said...

changed*

Lea White said...

Ha-ha, then you've joined the club, Ariel!

Sarahkie said...

:D why, thank you...I'm sensing a dress-up opportunity here! Can't wait to see Terrence's dress :)

Paul said...

I think it's lovely the whole fantasy bit that girls go through and the innocent dreams for the future. I remember those days with our girls...the dressing up and the make believe world that was oh so real. Enjoy!

Sarahkie said...

I keep spelling Terence's name wrong, sorry, is it 1 'r'?!

Sarahkie said...

I agree Paul... fantasy, imagination and play should be embraced throughout life :)sometimes it's lost too soon

amanda said...

And I thought princes were disguised as frogs in the fairy tales......LOL

Guess I just love Caitlyn's innocence here and definitely no discrimination. Best of all is her loving her daddy so much that he has to be included. That's gorgeous!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Wow! The likeness is uncanny! ;-D

RosemaryO said...

How sweet this is! And how they love their father and include him as Belle, just so cute!
Such a charming little story (as in Prince Charming..that is whom I thought they were going to pick for their father)not belle!
Rosemary