Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A - Z of Me

Sue from the Good Life had this totally fun list on her blog (make sure you visit Sue's blog because I had a good laugh at some of her answers) and since I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about today anyway, will do the same.  Post me a comment with a link if you choose to do your own list also!


A=Age; Just turned 35.  I feel old!

B=Bed size; Queen size.  And in the mornings when Caitlyn sometimes decides to join us at 6am and loudly declares that she needs some more blankets it reminds me of "there were 3 in the bed and the little one said roll over".  Thankfully she doesn't always do this.

C=Chore that you hate; Ironing. Dishes. Laundry. 

D=Dogs; No dogs.  We have cats though.  Had the cutest little miniature pinchers years ago in South Africa - Rudi and Bambi.

E=Essential start to you day; More sleep ;-).  Definitely breakfast.

F= Favourite colour; Depends.  I quite like pink, red, blue - most colours I guess.

G=Gold or silver; Ooh Gold!

H= Height; 1.72m.

I=- Instruments you play; I can play a few tunes on a recorder.  Would love to learn a new instrument.  I always thought the violin might be a good idea... if I can convince Terence to let me practice at home ;-).  Which he won't so it would have to be a different instrument.

J=Job title; Home Executive (sounds better than housewife)

K-Kids; 2 girls - Bianca (8) and Caitlyn (4)

L=Live; Born and lived in South Africa until 2004, New Zealand is my current home!

M=Mother's name; Amanda.

N=Nickname; I don't think I've ever had a real nickname.

O=Overnight hospital stays; With the kids when they were born.  And several more times when Bianca was sick.  She spent 117 nights in hospital.

P=Pet peeves; Hmmm...  People who play loud music late at night!

Q=Quotes from a film;
I have great insight. I'd use it on myself only I don't have any problems.  (Alex Fletcher, Music & Lyrics)

Well, that's just ridiculous. Nobody grows up in Florida, unless you're an orange. (Alex Fletcher, Music & Lyrics)

R=Right or left handed; Right handed.

S= Siblings; 1 Brother about 3.5 years younger than me.

T=Time you wake up; Usually around 6:15 to get everybody ready for school and work.  Weekends later if I can.

U=Underwear:  Of course!


V=Vegetable I hate: Pumpkin (although I love pumpkin fritters), cabbage

W=What makes you run late; The kids in the morning trying to get them ready for school.

X=Xrays you've had; Can't think of any I had.  Bianca on the other hand has had about 11.

Y=Yummy food that you make; My kids love my pasta dish, baking I guess (if you can call that a food).

Z=Zoo animals;
I love the giraffes, elephants and more recently Happy Feet our little penguin celebrity :-)

8 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Yay! Great stuff Lea. ♥

Paul said...

Kate learnt the violin. A hard instrument to listen to if not played right. An interesting idea for a blog that I will also do when have the time.

Lea White said...

Wow, that is impressive Paul! I bet it would be hard to listen to if it is not done properly which is why Terence refuses :-). It will probably be too hard for me anyway, but for some reason, I've always been fascinated by it.

cat said...

Oh I love this post - maybe I will copy you too!

And we are almost the same length and 35 is so young!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I keep forgetting to tell you to please, please, PLEASE tick the box in your blogger profile where it says "display email" or something like that so that I can email you back on your lovely comments :)

LOVE this post - you are tall! I'm only 1.58 LOL

Hayley said...

A great meme...might just copy it :-)

Julia said...

Such a fun meme. I may do it on my blog next week or so. Sjoe...117 nights in hospital. Your Bianca is a brave girl. And so are you!

Sarah said...

might just have to create a blog so I can do this too!

Lea, would you like me to bring my flute over some time. You can see if you'd like to learn that then, and test it out on Terrence!

I'm planning to teach myself to play the guitar...maybe Bianca could teach me the basics she's learnt or will be learning from Paul :)

And I'd love to learn Afrikaans...I think because of it's dutch origin, it's already familiar having become fairly fluent in German...I used to be able to understand bits of what my friends were saying, so would love to learn to speak it :) what languages would you like to learn?

oh, and I found out one 'nickname' you have after playing a certain memory game with your girls! I think Terrence's is the best!!