Friday, November 25, 2011

Feeling rather exhausted...

So last night after Terence got home from work and before he had his squash game I went out for my run / walk session.  It's been a while.  With Funrazor planning and my injury I've simply not had the opportunity to go out and do anything.  Okay I also had permission from the physio to "rest" my leg so that was all fine.  But now I need to start getting back into it.  So the physio basically wants me to gradually get back into it.  So a mix of walking and running.  And so that's what I did.  Oh my goodness!  It was hard work.  I am incredibly unfit at the moment. I felt half-dead by the time I got back home.

Tonight I had a swim lesson.  I was recently given 10 free lessons and so my friend Rose and I went to the lesson.  She went last week, but because of Funrazor I couldn't do last week and it had to wait until tonight. 

Of course this meant that I had to visit the optometrist  this morning and thankfully OPSM could see me at very short notice.  Because it's been a while since I had my eyes last tested and got contact lenses (which I don't really wear much), I had to get another test.  And thankfully no deterioration. 

The swim lessons are at the Raumati Swim Club - the same place our girls go every week.  To some extend I can help myself in the water, but I have absolutely no technique and this was really obvious when the coach made us do 2 lengths without a break in between. By the end of the session (after she made us do around 18 lengths), I have learned a few things.  I still have a long way to go to be able to swim properly, but the tips and techniques she shared were very good!  Of course this means that while last night I felt half dead, right now the other half feels dead. :-).  Thank goodness for the weekend...

1 comment:

Paul Forster said...

Glad you're getting into the fitness again. Won't be long until it all becomes easier. Swimming is a great aerobic exercise with no impact on the body. With your leg problems it is a good option for increasing your fitness. Don't take it too easy in the weekend.