Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bianca's hospital update

Today was Bianca's 3-monthly hospital visit which meant an early start.  Well actually it was earlier than usual because I first had my physio appointment and then Bianca and I left for the city after I dropped Caitlyn off.  It takes about an hour.  Got there, did Bianca's blood test and then we went back to the CCF offices to wait for Bianca's appointment. 

While we were waiting we played one of Bianca's card games called Rubbish.  I briefly saw Scott, the CCF Wellington Branch fundraising manager and it was good to catch up with him.  He was my contact when I did the Funrazor event. He says my event was one of their most successful.  So I'm pleased :-). 

At 10:30 it was time for Bianca's appointment and as expected everything was normal.  All her blood levels were within normal range, her liver, lymph nodes and spleen were all fine.  We didn't actually get to see the Christchurch oncologist, but saw one of the registrars.  I discussed with her the possibility to get an assessment done just so we can check on Bianca's memory and concentration.  There is one drug in particular that can cause problems and we've noticed a few little things last year that we would like checked out.  So we'll see.  Not sure when we might get a referral.  Next hospital appointment will be in 3 months' time.

After the appointment we got a chance to meet Bianca's Camp Quality companion and she is very nice!  Bianca is so excited and cannot wait.  Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!  Emily promised that she will take lots of photos for us.

Alison asked if I could come and help them out next week, so next week Wednesday after I dropped Caitlyn I will be in the city giving Alison a hand.  A while back I volunteered and helped out with whatever needed doing around the office so it should be good fun. 

And then just as we were about to leave had a quick catch up with Bonnie and Chelsea.  Chelsea was diagnosed around the same time as Bianca and the two of them spent a lot of time in hospital.  They don't actually live too far from us right now so we'll need to make a time to catch up.  Both girls look so different from their "on treatment" days and looking so "grown up".

And that was pretty much our day in a nutshell. 

So what did you get up to today?

8 comments:

amanda said...

So dankbaar vir die resultate.
xx

Anonymous said...

Whooo hooo for normal results :)

xxx

Paul said...

What a big day! All good news! To look at Bianca now it is hard to believe she had been so sick!

blackhuff said...

I'm so happy to read about the normal results. Yay! Happy, happy, happy.

RosemaryO said...

Yay for Bianca! Great news! Normal is wonderful!
Rosemary

Marcia (123 blog) said...

what wonderful results!

Maria said...

Great news about Bianca's test results!

cat said...

So glad all is fine with Bianca