Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday update

I've realised something with our cats.  The latest thing for them is to catch a mouse and then leave it half-eaten right where it is so easy to just step on it.  Now either they belong to the cat mafia because all these mice are decapitated or they are just fussy and mouse bottoms don't do it for them.  Really disgusting and I wish they'd make their point somewhere else out of sight.  Sigh!  Cats!

Yesterday Caitlyn's tooth fell out at school.  She was so incredibly excited and in the car wondered out loud if maybe the tooth fairy might bring her $20.  When I tucked her into bed last night and her tooth was safely in the little tooth fairy box my mum made years ago I asked Caitlyn what she thought the tooth fairy would do with her tooth and she said "turn it into money!"  She then said "I'm a bit nervous" and when I asked her why she said "it's my very first one".  So yes of course this morning there was loads of excitement when Caitlyn realised the tooth fairy did indeed come in the night (although didn't leave as much as $20...).

This morning I signed up with the gym so that I can still keep up the exercise on days when the weather might not play along.  I'm waiting to hear back from one person and then I'll be able to share a particular goal I'm working on (but you'll have to be patient just a little bit longer...).

Today I went to observe a training session for this new job that I've been given.  My new boss was training somebody to use the Dragon Speech Recognition software on her computer and while I have heard of it before it was really fascinating to see it in action.  I couldn't stay for the whole session, but what I saw was really great!  I have a lot to learn though, but I'll get there.  Today's session also made me realise just how much I take for granted in my life.  So much of what I simply take for granted, others do not find as easy or straight-forward.

Today and the last few days have certainly been days of realisation and understanding for me.  All good though...

6 comments:

Paul said...

Caitlyn came up to me really excited today about the tooth fairy's visit. Glad the training was good today!

Maria said...

Lea I loved that first paragraph about the half-eaten mouse; it is 'spot on' with what cats do! I also had a good laugh about your suggestion on my blog that someone should develop mouse flavoured tinned cat food! Loved it!!

Rosemarie Begbie said...

It's when you start finding the little mouse heads on your pillow that you need to worry Lea ;)

blackhuff said...

I can only imagine her excitement regarding the tooth fairy - such a great experience for any kid :)

Ellie said...

Eek, half eaten decapitated mice - now that is just NOT nice.
Had to laugh at Caitlyn and her 20$ for her tooth. If only it was as easy as that. :))

Lea in Mississippi USA said...

Hello Lea
My mother's cat used to eat just the front half of mice, too! Amazing that cats all around the world do the same thing!
Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog.
Have a wonderful day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie